More than $11,000 in scholarships were presented to participants of the 2019 Brandon Festival of the Arts, which wound up on March 10 with an Encore Concert at Brandon University’s Lorne Watson Recital Hall.
The festival, which opened on Feb. 10 and ran for about a month, recommended 56 performers for provincial adjudication, while another 13 will perform at the national level. These divisions of adjudication will take place at the Associated Manitoba Arts Festivals Music Festival in Winnipeg May 24 to 26.
The scholarship winners from this year’s Brandon Festival of the Arts include:
• Kaye and GR Row Memorial Scholarship: Sabina Rzazade.
• Kaye and GR Rowe Runner-up Scholarship: Erik Larson.
• Assiniboine Kiwanis Club Scholarship: Erik Larson.
• Diamond Jubilee Chapter IODE Scholarship: Allyson Crang.
• Betty Gibson Memorial Scholarship: Waverly Park School Grades 5 and 6 Choir.
• Brandon Conservatory Chorale Scholarship: BCC Concert Choir.
• Cordell Grant Memorial Scholarship: Mecca Community Choir.
• Gordon Choral Scholarship: Neelin High School Boys’ Chamber Choir.
• Huntley and Dilys Davies Cameron Memorial Scholarship: École Harrison Charale Débutante Grades 3 and 4.
• Kiwanis Club Scholarship: Waverly Park School Grades 1 and 2 Choir.
• B. Amazing Jazz Scholarship: Quincy Thomas.
• Barbara Withey Ehnes Pointe Scholarship: Bryn Dubberly.
• Barbara Withey Ehnes Scholarship in Ballet Studies: Brooklyn Adams.
• Brandon School of Dance Folk Scholarship: Danika Robb.
• Dance Images Ballet Scholarship: Sienna Denys-Peters.
• Isabella Howland Scholarship in Ballet Studies: Brooklyn Stitt.
• Riesberry Memorial Scholarship: Alexa Case.
• Steppin Time Dance Studio Tap Scholarship: Aiden Simard.
• Clotilde Senior Guitar Scholarship: (shared) Brandon University Guitar Ensemble 1 including Raelyn Adam and Engela Rud; and EGCM Small Guitar Ensemble 2 including Stephan Engelbrecht, Carter Jersak and Tim Strange.
• Brandon and Westman Registered Music Teachers Association Scholarship: Alyssa Newitt.
• Canadian Music Scholarship: Qiuhan Wang.
• Cheryl and Marv Goossen Grades 1-4 Scholarship: Zoe Redekop.
• Cheryl and Marv Goossen Grade 1 Scholarship: Chloe Lourenco.
• Donald and Kehler Law Offices Scholarship: Lauren Gustafson.
• Edith Munroe Memorial Piano Scholarship: Shantelle Mayo.
• Edith Munroe Memorial French Piano Scholarship: David Naylor.
• Elizabeth Grant Piano Scholarship: David Naylor.
• Hank and Susan Guenther Memorial Scholarship: Paige Adam.
• Hildred Smith-Mayhew Memorial Scholarship: Claudia Vreeman.
• John and Bettie Goossen Memorial Scholarship: Emily Kay LeDoux.
• Kim Piano Scholarship: Samuel Redekop.
• Kiwanis Club Scholarship: Meagan Bugera.
• Krahn Classical Music Scholarship: Tairan He.
• Margaret McCurdy Memorial Scholarship: Aaron Cox.
• Marion M. Davies Memorial Scholarship: Gracie Blatherwick.
• Naomi Rebekah Lodge and Brandon City Lodge Scholarship: Serena Athaide-Lepp.
• Peggy Sharpe Memorial Scholarship: Azaria Neuschwander.
• Sister Dr. Joan Miller Classical Piano Scholarship for Grades 5 and 6: Alyssa Newitt.
• Sister Dr. Joan Miller Classical Piano Scholarship for Grades 7 and 8: Meagan Bugera.
• Sister Dr. Joan Miller Classical Piano Scholarship for Grades 9 and 10: Azaria Neuschwander.
• Super Thrifty Drugs Canada Scholarship: Yu Juncheng.
• Westman Communications Group, Q-Country 91.5/94.7 Star FM Scholarship: Sabina Rzazade.
• Bill and Cynamon Mychasiw Scholarship: Piper McKinnon.
• Colin Mailer Memorial Scholarship, Junior: Aidyn Robb.
• Colin Mailer Memorial Scholarship, Senior: Caeden Toth.
• Eleanor H. Hammond Memorial Scholarship: (shared) Christian Heritage School Grades 2 and 4.
• Kaye and GR Rowe Memorial Scholarship: Mesgana Gonete.
• Patricia Bowslaugh Speech Arts Scholarship: Marie Bartolome.
• Brandon and Westman Registered Music Teachers Association Scholarship: Sannelle Engelbrecht.
• John A. Krahn Memorial Scholarship: Qi An.
• John and Bettie Goossen Memorial Scholarship: Zifan Li.
• Kiwanis Club Scholarship, Grade 10 Honors: Karol Mabel Contreras Jaramillo.
• Kiwanis Club Scholarship, Grade 7 Diploma: Elena Neufeld.
• The Paw Resort and Wellness Centre Strings Scholarship: Keren Anel Chanche Mass
• Thomas Ryles Memorial Scholarship: Jesse Large.
• Brandon Sunset Rotary Club Scholarship: Emily Desjarlais.
• Chemtrade Electrochem Scholarship: Hailey Witt.
• Cheryl and Marv Goossen Scholarship: Brody Burr.
• Doris Mayoh Vocal Scholarship: Soleil Ann Gaudreault.
• Eric Davies Memorial Scholarship: Carter Martin.
• Forman Honda Vocal Scholarship: Avery Simard.
• Fung Scholarship: Jaimie Rose.
• Hildred Smith-Mayhew Memorial Scholarship: Shelby English.
• Jane McIntyre Memorial Scholarship: Azaria Neuschwander.
• Leonard Mayoh Memorial Scholarship: Daniel Munchinsky.
• Reg and Lola Blain Memorial Scholarship: Erika Rasmussen.
• McDonald’s Restaurants, Brandon Scholarship: Angela Zagrodney.
• Recorder Scholarship: Waverly Park School Grade 6 Recorder Club.
• Roberts Woodwind Scholarship: Annabelle Dragicevic.
• Ted Good Music Scholarship: Kate Bell.
• WS Neil Memorial Scholarship: Hwan Gyu Cho.